Candy - Dessert - Sweets - Chocolate
Cupcake - Kids Party - Cakes - Jello Shot
On The Chocolate Trail
Take a delectable journey through the religious history of chocolate-a real treat!
Explore the surprising Jewish and other religious connections to chocolate in this gastronomic and historical adventure through cultures, countries, centuries and convictions. Rabbi Deborah Prinz draws from her world travels on the trail of chocolate to enchant chocolate lovers of all backgrounds as she unravels religious connections in the early chocolate trade and shows how Jewish and other religious values infuse chocolate today.
With mouth-watering recipes, a glossary of chocolaty terms, tips for buying luscious, ethically produced chocolate, a list of sweet chocolate museums around the world and more, this book unwraps tasty facts such as:
- Some people-including French (Bayonne) chocolate makers-believe that Jews brought chocolate making to France.
- The bishop of Chiapas, Mexico, was poisoned because he prohibited local women from drinking chocolate during Mass.
- Although Quakers do not observe Easter, it was a Quaker-owned chocolate company-Fry's-that claimed to have created the first chocolate Easter egg in the United Kingdom.
- A born-again Christian businessman in the Midwest marketed his caramel chocolate bar as a "Noshie," after the Yiddish word for "snack."
- Chocolate Chanukah gelt may have developed from St. Nicholas customs.
- The Mayan "Book of Counsel" taught that gods created humans from chocolate and maize.
The Dragon With A Chocolate Heart
Aventurine is the fiercest, bravest kind of dragon, and she's ready to prove it to her family by leaving the safety of their mountain cave and capturing the most dangerous prey of all: a human...But when the human she captures tricks her into drinking enchanted hot chocolate, she finds herself transformed into a puny human girl with tiny blunt teeth, no fire, and not one single claw. She's still the fiercest creature in these mountains though - and now she's found her true passion: chocolate!
All she has to do is walk on two feet to the human city, find herself an apprenticeship (whatever that is) in a chocolate house (which sounds delicious), and she'll be conquering new territory in no time . won't she?..Wild and reckless young Aventurine will bring havoc to the human city - but what she doesn't expect is that she'll find real friendship there too, along with betrayal, deception, scrumptious chocolate and a startling new understanding of what it means to be a human (and a dragon)... A pinch of Ella Enchanted, a sprinkling of How to Train your Dragon and a generous helping of Eva Ibbotsen -The Dragon with a Chocolate Heart is entirely delicious.
About the Author
Stephanie Burgis is a dual citizen of the US and the UK and lives in South Wales (land of dragons) with her husband, the author Patrick Samphire, and their children. The Dragon with a Chocolate Heart is Stephanie's first (delicious) novel for Bloombsury.
Bubba And The Chocolate Farm
Bubba is back and this time he faces new challenges after being injured. What can he possibly do? What does his future hold? With love, care and creative ideas from his friends, both animal and human, Bubba is about to embark on a new phase in his life, and the Chocolate Farm expands into horse therapy.
Online Candy Stores Articles
Online Candy Stores Books